Check out voicepulse connect (connect.voicepulse.com).  They are cheap, do
IAX and SIP, give you 4 incoming and 4 outgoing lines, and generally work.
I had some issues due to some ISP feuds a while back but it was nothing they
could do about it.  Now they are only a few AS hops away so no problem.

They are very Asterisk friendly and have pre-built configs for you to load
up.  Beyond that its a pretty basic service, almost more geared towards
resellers but they have no limits you need to meet so even if your bill is
only 11$ a month you get the same rates as the big players.

--j