> One of the arguments in favor of open-source software is that even though
> it is hard to make money selling it, a developer can make money supporting

> it, as can other skilled people.  So I'm wondering if there isn't any
> company offering FreeNAS support contracts.  I would say that such a
> company could provide "enterprise" FreeNAS.

Certainly you should consider any moral obligations or convictions but to
play devil's advocate, single or small loose teams of OS developers are more
likely to disband than a large corporation thus either killing support right
then and there or not offering any further support once existing contracts
expire. I am not advocating large corporations are any better. They
periodically go out of business or get bought/sold and services and things
can get dropped unexpectedly just the same as well.

Nothing is guaranteed, not even taxes or death...

This is a perfect segue into, back up your data if you care about your data.

Just my $.02