On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 3:02 PM, Nick Scholtes <airchia at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a Dell Latitude laptop (can't remember model number off hand), it's
> about three years old. I have Fedora Core 5 and I can't get the sound to
> work. I have a functioning sound card. Ideas? (Sorry I don't have more info,
> but I'm at work; laptop's at home)

Nick - I'd guess FC5 either isn't loading any drivers for the card or
is loading the incorrect drivers. Usually what I do in this case is
boot up a knoppix CD. That will load up the correct drivers in 99% of
the cases in my experience. Then when you verify that sound is working
in knoppix, you can check what drivers it loaded (run lsmod from the
CLI) and make sure FC5 is loading the same ones.

-Erik