On Jan 22, 2008 2:09 PM, Noah Markon <nmarkon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any one got any ideas? Otherwise I'll have to get a new card..

That may be your best bet...
I had identical symptoms with my onboard network, though it was an
RTL8169 chipset.
After doing a lot of digging, and trying a lot of things in vain
(tried changing some network settings, and lots of stuff in smb.conf)
I finally came across someone mentioning that a different network card
fixed his problem.  I went to Microcenter and looked at all the boxes
(they're kind enough to put high-res pictures on the front now, so I
could recognize the chipsets on every box) and found the only one that
wasn't a Realtek chipset.  It was a D-Link DGE-530T, and it works
wonderfully for most things.  I can now transfer to and from that
server via samba from XP, OSX and Linux with blazing speeds, but Vista
is still only mediocre, though significantly better than before.

--
Justin Kremer