I haven't been following this thread, so I apologize if any of this is
repeated.  I have a Sprint EVDO ExpressCard for my MacBook Pro.  I'm
sitting at a coffee shop in Eden Prairie and I have full signal
strength.  When I run the speed test at
http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ from the Chicago server, I get
1753kb (214KB) down and 263kb (32KB) up.  Works fine for email, web,
YouTube, and torrents.  I even played a little Guild Wars thanks to
CrossOver.  I have "unlimited data" thanks to Sprint's "unlimited plan"
and I've never received any warning for over use and I do use it almost
everyday.  I also pay an arm and a leg. :)

-Chris

*
*