On Jan 16, 2008 3:38 PM, Harv Nelson <ai9nl at arrl.net> wrote:
> Is it possible for me to turn the laptop into a router of sorts , once
> I return home?  I'd like to avoid having two ISP's.

It should be.  In a pinch, I shared out a Sprint EVDO card using
Windows internet sharing, and it worked just fine.  I imagine you
could NAT it easy enough in linux as well.

The latency of these cards is horrible, though.  They're surely good
to have around for when no other internet connection is available, but
*man* they're laggy.  Interactive ssh sessions are interesting...you
learn to really trust you're typing correctly, as it might be several
seconds before it's echoed back :-)

-Erik