On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, John Gammons wrote:

> Here is another option for a cheap laptop.  I don't believe it fits your
> 12" screen requirement, but perhaps someone else is interested in it.
> I have been contemplating purchasing one.  Perfect for the kids... and
> of course I would like to get my hands on one.  It is also a cheap way
> to help out kids in some of the "underdeveloped" regions of the world.
>
> http://www.laptopgiving.org/en/explore.php

They stopped selling them on 12/31.  I don't know when they'll start up
again, but I'm sure they will.  I also don't know what the price will be.

Another good thing about those XO laptops is that they have very strong
WiFi built in.  Apparently much stronger than ordinary laptops (the secret
is in the "ears," I'm told).

Mike