On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, Brian Wall wrote:

> On Jan 14, 2008 10:43 AM, J Cruit <j at packetgod.com> wrote:
>
>> I did buy a Zonbu desktop a month or so ago, its small cute and quiet.
>> But I can only say that I like the hardware as I wiped the system and
>> am using it as my Myth Frontend box.  Which it seems to be capable
>> enough of, although sometimes it takes a few seconds to switch menus.
>
> Before you wiped it, did you happen to see which distro was installed on
> it?

I was trying to figure out what the Zonbu scheme was about, but their web
pages weren't very well organized.  It looks like I was getting my best
information from the news articles linked from the Zonbu "reviews" page:

http://www.zonbu.com/why_zonbu/reviews.htm

According to the NY Times article, the distro is Gentoo:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/16/technology/16cheap.html

    The Zonbu PC also uses a Gentoo version of the Linux operating system
    and will come with a range of software applications like the Mozilla
    Firefox browser, Skype voice-over-Internet service, OpenOffice software
    suite and many games.

I don't know that it's always Gentoo, but I would guess that makes it
easier for Zonbu folks to maintain the boxes.

Mike