Yeah, I understand RAID is not a replacement for backups. I'm working on an
offsite backup.

I don't immediate backup, so I guess even the RAID5 would be unnecessary;
RAID6 will be overkill. I suppose JBOD or RAID 0 is all that's really
necessary then.

I guess there's really 2 options: if immediate ability to restore is
necessary and SATA is necessary, you're correct; RAID6 sounds better,
especially considering the above factors.

On the other hand, if I make effective the offsite backup, and don't require
an immediate restore, I can take the extra time and restore from the offsite
backup; a far more cost-effective solution.

I'll weigh the other factors; that alone helps immensely.