On Jan 9, 2008 11:23 PM, Florin Iucha <florin at iucha.net> wrote:
> Well, the process might be simple, but if the directory tree is bushy
> then you talk about lots of CPU and memory usage to keep track of all
> changes until you need them.
Granted, I haven't used inotify in such a situtation, but it probably
won't use much CPU.  That would be driven mostly by how you choose
store/retrieve the latest information.  We could be talking about a
bunch of memory though.  So this would probably be exchanging speed
and disk io for memory.  This all depends on the parameters that we
(us being not Wayne) don't know about the situation.

leif