> From: Elvedin Trnjanin <trnja001 at umn.edu>

> But if everyone top posts, this isn't a problem. Rather than going from
> oldest to newest, why not in reverse? It makes more sense to me if
> you're following a topic as most do on a technical list.
>
> Jim Crumley wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 02:45:25PM -0800, Anna Edwards wrote:
>>
>> First off, top posting to technical email list is bad. Please
>> stop. See for example:
>> http://catb.org/~esr//jargon/html/T/top-post.html

A technical list is often useful not just to read as it goes, but to
search. If you join a topic mid-stream or look it up later, one single
post with everything in chronological order is easier to understand.

Also, many of us get the digests of lists, and newer content is already at
the end, except when people top-post.

Chris