> Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 14:44:01 -0600
> From: Munir Nassar <tclug at beitsahour.net>

> Chris Schumann wrote:
>> I would really appreciate any tips on how to get the rest of the
>> system  working: Function keys, sound, TrackPoint, suspend/resume.

> have you tried the VESA driver?

The machine is not VESA compliant. IBM did make a VESA TSR for DOS so
Windows 95 could use VESA, but that won't work with Linux.

Right now, X does sometimes start, but the video chip and video memory
aren't detected properly and it starts in 320x200x1 bit mode, which isn't
very usable. Even VGA with 640x480x4 bits would be much better, and
640x480x8 bits is as good as the machine can do.

Would a dump of the X log be helpful?

Chris