On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Don Sparish wrote:

> Since Im using a web based mail client provided by the ISP. I have no
> way to shut it off anyway, etiquette has nothing to do with it.

Allow me to recommend Gmail.  It truly is a nice system and it is
especially good for storing list traffic -- you can filter incoming
messages, add a label appropriate to the list, skip the inbox if you wish,
find all list messages with a single click (on the "label" on the left
side) and the threads are automagically accumulated as "discussions."  In
addition, Gmail allows you to choose between "rich formatting" (which
sends HTML) and "plain text" (which does not send HTML).  Whatever email
format you chose last is the default the next time you compose a message.

Later, if you change ISP, Gmail is still working.  You can access Gmail by
web, IMAP or POP3.  I use the web interface for cell phones to get to it
from my Treo device.  I can access Gmail from Pine via IMAP on my Solaris
box and my sister accesses it from Outlook via IMAP on her laptop.

Gmail -- it's all good. (TM)

Mike