On Friday 29 February 2008 13:41:24 Brian Dunnette wrote:

> Every time you use a mail client that doesn't gracefully deal with HTML,
> another Ron Paul story appears on Reddit.

My mail client deals just fine with HTML. I don't have my mail client set to
automagically parse HTML. I also make sure that when I use a mail client that
I don't send out HTML mail. Mail clients read and display text just fine.
They even have decent conventions for quoting mail.

Attached are html.txt and message.txt

message.txt weighs in at 553 bytes
html.txt weighs in at 256 bytes

If the formatting had added anything of worth, fine. But in this case the text
was not marked up. You know, the Markup in Hyper-text Markup Language? Why
would you need to markup anyway? Since you are throwing around graceful
clients, how graceful is a mail client when it can parse HTML but can't turn
a lonely URL into a link?

If you notice, the HTML itself sucks sweaty goat balls, all repetitive break
tags. If you are sending HTML mail, why again is the mail client using font
declarations?

Lastly it is a pretty long standing convention to not abuse mailing lists by
sending HTML mail.

Samir M. Nassar

PS- Thank you for changing the subject line, something I neglected to do.