On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Chuck Cole wrote:

> Updating your wireless device sounds like the best and maybe the only option.

I still don't see how this could possibly be the router, considering WPA2
works just fine with other devices. I've used it on several Macs, a few
Windows laptops, a Nokia N800 and an iPod touch. All of those happily let
you choose WPA2 and enter the passphrase. I just don't know where you make
that selection on Linux. The network config Yellowdog came with (I think
it was Gnome's network manager) did not have an option.

The firmware on my router is fairly uptodate. I'd try a newer one except
that I'm expecting a new router tomorrow, anyway.

> FWIW, I have some Proxim Orinoco Gold PCMCIA cards and a PCI for sale that do a/g/b and supposedly have Linux drivers and WPA.
> These are posted on Craig's list, but haven't gotten around to posting here yet.

Heh, this is on a Powerbook with no PCI or PCMCIA slots.

-Yaron