On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Marc Skinner wrote:

> you might need to flash your wireless router/wpa device.

> Chuck Cole wrote:

>> Linksys routers can do this.  I copy the resulting key to a text file that I keep in a flash drive so I can merely paste in the long
>> key when I need it.

I have a Linksys WRT54GL and it's setup to do WPA2. I have two Macs that
talk WPA2 and that works just fine. My question is how do I get Linux to
talk WPA2. I've got other OSes to, because they all let you actually say
"Use WPA2", but the Linux utils just ask for a SSID and a "key".

The router lets you set up a "WPA Shared  Key:" in the form of a
passphrase. When I use this passphrase on Linux, it does not work. Either
because it wants a hex-based key, or because there's no place to tell it
tat we're using WPA2 as opposed to, say, WEP.

This is what I'm asking: How do I tell Linux we're using WPA2?

-Yaron