Quoting Nate Carlson <tclug at natecarlson.com>:

> On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, Josh Welch wrote:
>> I've got a box running Xen that had a domain go flaky on it, I
>> ended up doing an `xm destroy` on that domain to kill it. Now I
>> always see that domain when I do an `xm list`. It has no ID and no
>> state, but it shows up in the display like so:
>>
>> Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State
>> Time(s)
>> 10_virtmach1                                     512     1
>>        0.0
>> Domain-0                                     0   404     1
>> r----- 112527.4
>>
>> Anyone know where xen gets this data from?
>
> What version of Xen? It's most likely in XenSource; I haven't see it
> that corrupted before, though.  ;)

Did you mean XenStore?

> There were a lot of bugs with this type of thing in 3.x < 3.2.

Looks like I'm running 3.1.1. Perhaps I need to look at upgrading. Not
sure if Oracle Virtual Server has newer packages for Xen yet.

I tracked down the issue to a config file hanging around. It was
/var/lib/send/domains/<GUID>/config.sxp. Deleting that and restarting
xend made the phantom domain go away.

Thanks,
Josh