I'm trying to sync with the port "bt:". I had this working on my system
under opensuse 11.0 and I upgraded to 11.1 this week and now it doesn't
work. I get an error on my palm "Unable to initiate HotSync operation
because the port is in use by another application.". I really don't know
what this means and haven't found a lot of documentation about it or
using the bluetooth sync with pilot-link. I found the instructions on
using ppp over bluetooth and net:any, but nothing on using "bt:".

So does anyone have experience with this and have a list of things to
check to make sure it's all setup right on my Linux machine? In
particular does rfcomm need to be running? Is it a problem if it's
running, how about other bluetooth services.

If I use hcidump to watch the bluetooth connection I see a connection
when I try to sync my palm:
>hcidump
HCI sniffer - Bluetooth packet analyzer ver 1.42
device: hci0 snap_len: 1028 filter: 0xffffffffffffffff
> HCI Event: Connect Request (0x04) plen 10
< HCI Command: Accept Connection Request (0x01|0x0009) plen 7
> HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
> HCI Event: Connect Complete (0x03) plen 11

Running "pilot-xfer -l -p bt:" just sits and waits for a connection like
normal, except it doesn't pickup when the palm tries to connect.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

--
Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
If you see an attachment named signature.asc, this is my digital

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor
demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will
be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ
Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:38-39