Somebody always gets offended regardless of what is said.  I'm almost 64
and I've been building and fixing computers for the past so many years.
Another word for noob is ignorant, of which we all are of many things,
but that doesn't mean stupid.  Most, 95%, of my clients don't know the
difference between a right mouse click and a left mouse click.  Most
people I know, and I hang with some highly educated people, don't know
that "I don't think so" and "I don't know" is the same answer and they
are offended when you point this out to them.  If I knew the answer, I
wouldn't be a noob/newbie/ignorant, etc..  Keep the info coming and quit
catering to people who are so insecure that they don't know who they
are.  I'm an ignorant assed information seeker.

geek.at.large