The "upgrades" I've been getting from Microsoft over the last year seem to break various features of legacy stuff like my Office Pro
97, OutLook 2000, and IE6.  I see two types of failures as a result.  The most annoying is a failure to keep history files and
preferences, so the application no longer remembers recent and previous file names, and forgets some personalization settings.
System Restore Points have recovered those so far, but nothing else has.  The other failure is that an app will just freeze for no
apparent reason, and upon closing that window, I get a "would you like to report this serious error" message that includes an
explanation that I should upgrade to newer versions.  Don't have a cure for these freezes, but they don't happen often enough to be
a big nuisance - yet.  I always tell in the optional report, that there is no improvement in a Microsoft "upgrade", and will upgrade
to Open Office, etc as the Microsoft stuff degrades further.  I also include that I have no intent ever to use Vista or IE7, and
will switch entirely to Linux because of the lack of real support and quality.

I'm lots closer to making the complete switch to Linux.. but haven't yet.

Chuck