On Sun, 30 Nov 2008, Jeremy wrote:

> Check out Capistrano.  It's used in the Ruby on Rails world to deploy
> servers and updates, but it also works outside rails.
>
> You can define a set of servers and credentials, the just say
>
>  run "some_linux_command --options"
> or
>  sudo "some_linux_command --options"

I like the idea.  It is similar to what Adam and I were talking about:
automating ssh jobs in a scripting language (in this case it is Ruby).  I
like that and I work with a good Ruby and RoR programmer.  On the other
hand, it it looks like it requires quite a bit of work to get things
going:

http://www.capify.org/getting-started/from-the-beginning

I'm sure we'll be studying that one closely though.

Mike