On Aug 9, 2008, at 2:00 AM, Dan Smith wrote:

> Hey All TCLUG-er's...
>
> I currently have a situation here where my network is using a
> Smoohwall 3.0 machine, that is our DHCP server, and it's a great
> box... I am curious how I can configure my Netgear WGR614v9 to be
> just a access point, no DHCP server...

Dan,

I'm not familiar with the unit you've got, but in most cases, there is
a web interface, which will have an option to create a 'wireless
bridge,' or to simply turn of the DHCP server.  In certain cases, you
may need to disable the DHCP server, and connect your internet
connection to one of the LAN ports on the unit, rather than the WAN
port, leaving the WAN port empty.

There may be more information at http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/WGR614v9.asp

---
Eric Crist