On Apr 29, 2008, at 9:38 PM, Robert De Mars wrote:
> Hello, and a good day to you all.  Does anyone have experience with
> using 2003 Active Directory to authorize linux boxes/users?
>
> I did some searching on google and found some good info, but I
> wanted to
> check with a human first.
>
> Any tips or thoughts on this would be great.

We're currently testing Likewise from http://likewisesoftware.com.
They have an Enterprise product and an OSS product - the Enterprise
product gives you the ability to control your Linux and OSX
workstations via Group Policy in AD - the Open product allows you to
do user authentication and access control, without group policy
layer.  They've taken the Winbind bits from the Samba project to do
the authentication, along with a PAM widget.

As an additional promising bit of information, Gerald Carter from the
Samba core team (and author of a couple of LDAP books) is leading
their OSS effort.

-- jeremy