New TCLUG Classified Ad

Category: Computer

Type of Ad: For Sale

Subject: Merilus/Netmaster Firecard Plus

Merilus Firecard Plus - $100

This is one of the coolest computer products I've ever owned.  It is a 0U firewall appliance that fits inside any computer with a spare PCI slot, which is used to power the card.  Other than drawing power from the host, it is a self-contained computer within a computer.  The 'Plus' version includes on-board modem for OOB management, a feature missing from the regular version.

No software is provided with this card (since I moved to Watchguards I let the maintenance lapse some time ago) so it is perfect for replacing your failed Firecard, or upgrade it to the latest Gateway Guardian OS software for as little as $124 at http://www.netmaster.com to get all of the following features:

Dynamic Packet Filtering
The firewall functions with several layers of access restrictions, and can be set for both inbound and outbound traffic.

IPSec Compliant VPN Server
A Virtual Private Network Server that hosts multiple secure communication tunnels over an unsecured network such as the Internet.

Traffic Management
Control the amount of bandwidth available to each user for each service they access (such as Web, FTP, Email, etc.) Configurable for both inbound and outbound traffic.

Bandwidth Accounting
Custom bandwidth usage reports by use, type of service, etc. for easy tracking of usage trends.

Port Stealthing
Conceals your external Internet ports from all Internet traffic effectively hiding your firewall from view.

SNMP Monitoring
Easily view your defensive posture through any SNMP enabled Agent, such as NetMaster's CSM or HP's OpenView management tools.

SNMP Trap Management
Real-time SNMP trap alerts of system intrusion attempts, excessive CPU or memory usage and customized event traps can trigger user configured actions such as to send an email, page a user or event execute a command.

Status Web Server
Access complete device profiling with the embedded Status Web server. Know exactly what is running, and what policies are active. You can even diagnose potential problems quickly and easily.

Routing Capabilities
Can create an unlimited amount of static routes to enable communication between subnets and/or remote offices.

Full Remote Configuration
Multiple NetMaster security products can be managed and monitored simultaneously using our Centralized Security Management tool.(CSM) An excellent feature for providing managed security solutions or to easy manage larger multi-branch networks.

Seller Email address: stuart dot powell at yorkshirepudding dot com

http://www.mn-linux.org/cgi-bin/classifieds/index.cgi