On 4/7/08, Chris Frederick <cdf123 at cdf123.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on migrating a network to allow for more users and easier
> scaling.  I'm also splitting up the main server into separate tasks.  As
> long as I'm doing all this I thought it would be prudent to add an LDAP
> server for authentication/email/etc...  I'm running gentoo-hardened on
> the ldap server and I have been following the gentoo ldap guides here:

Excellent idea, I've been considering doing something like this myself.

running 'ldapsearch -H ldap://valid-cn -D "cn=Manager,dc=secret,dc=com"
-W' lists everything that I've imported, but adding the -Z to the
command exits with this: (error omitted)

Do you need a -N to specify the certificate?  Otherwise you might try using
ldaps:// instead of ldap://.

-Brian