On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 11:56:24AM -0500, Scott Raun wrote:
> So, what's your favorite 'install on my Linux box' webmail package?

squirrelmail

>                                                                      As
> I said, I'm currently using POP3, but could be convinced to change to
> IMAP.  I'm currently running a Debian box - I can't get at it right this
> moment to tell if it's etch or lenny.  Requirements are some degree of
> threading (preferably using the reply-to-message-id, but I'll take by
> subject), and mass action (at least mark read and move to another
> folder).  I'd like something that used mboxes.

Why?  Maildir is much more versatile.  If you are willing and able to
host your own e-mail, IMAP is just an apt-get away.  I use dovecot on
Debian: easy to configure, can handle mail spool on a different
partition (you can get it with courier, with hacking the init scripts
and adding symlinks), fast enough for my needs.

Give it a try, and shout if you need help.

Cheers,
florin

--
Bruce Schneier expects the Spanish Inquisition.
      http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/163