Things are moving right along with the Twin Cities Open Circuit/Free
Geek. We're having a meeting this Sunday at Common Roots Cafe at 1pm.
We're about ready to elect some officers, incorporate, and start making
serious plans.

"Membership-based" simply means that we would be an organization with
members that pay (minimal) dues, rather than depending on grants,
fundraisers, or selling things. We discussed it at our meetings and
decided that this would be the best way to make the organization
sustainable. We could eventually of course apply for grants for some
projects, but we want to have a membership base like community radio or
cable access that contributes time, energy, ideas, and money to keep the
project running and make sure it meets the needs of the community.

Hope some of you can make it Sunday. Also let me know if you want to get
on the email list.

best,
Erik