On Thursday 20 September 2007 13:17, admin at lctn.org wrote:
> > Do you want to mirror as in RAID1 or mirror as in rsync?
> >
> > The former, which possible is a bit more complicate.  The latter,
> > however, would be very easy to set up.
>
> Looks like I have a couple options for creating a raid 1. What docs would
> you use for rsync in this case?

rsync is fairly simple, the man page should be sufficient.

otherwise there are plenty of backup utilities
rsnapshot
reoback
rdiff-backup
cp (as in the copy command)
flexbackup
ccollect
backuppc
dump
the list goes on

many of the simple tools out there use rsync.

The one thing you'd get with RAID is real time copies of your data. These
other tools are generally going to be a scheduled task for daily, hourly,
etc, backup. You'll also lose some disk IO performance during the backup
task's runtime.