> I'm trying to figure out how to make a relative link on a DVD.
> I'm currently using Windows-based tools,
> and don't have any experience with DVD tools in Linux - anyone have
> suggestions or pointers?

Check out k3b, the KDE burner software.  It's production quality.

It defaults to understanding symbolic links by default (and will tell you
if something is inside or outside of the project) - anything that can
write with Rock Ridge extensions should be able to.

> This is one of my stumbling blocks to going totally Linux - anyone
> know of a free Lightscribe tool?

Both of these are free as in beer:

LaCie LightScribe Labeler for Linux -
http://www.lacie.com/us/support/support_manifest.htm?id=10204