> Personally, I have been on and off with linux for 2
> reasons 1) Not knowing how to recover a crash (steps and what so ...) 2)
> Not being able to move it to new hard drive or change partition size
> without messing up the system.

Windows and Linux are the same.  If windows crashes, you boot from a rescue
disk, migrate data. and reinstall.  It's the same for Linux.

There are some advanced things you can do to get fancy with Linux and avoid
reinstall, things which I imagine are not easily possible on windows.  Those
are a bonus, not a drawback.

> Think it over and I think more people will get interested in Linux as it
> comes clear how to solve some basic but serious problems.

In my experience, it's the other way around.  I see crashes less often with
Linux.  When using windows, I'm also always surprised how they demand reboots
all the time whenever they install something or update software in the
background.  It very difficult to accomplish tasks on Windows that take more
than a few days, with all the reboots.  My Linux boxes are usually up for
months at a time, and go down only for lightning storms and major upgrades.

If there are Linux adoption issues, I think it's partly because windows ships
by default on pretty much every PC.  If Linux shipped by default, and you had
to buy windows CDs and install them yourself, the tables would be turned.

Jeremy