On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, Eric Peterson wrote:

> On 9/14/07, Fred H Olson <fholson at cohousing.org> wrote:
> > Anyone recognise what's going on here?
>
> It may be a kernel problem. If  you haven't already tried it, boot the
> previous version of the kernel when you get to the Grub boot screen.
>
> Good luck!
> Eric

I selected several older kernels and it does the same thing.
It runs with an old Ubuntu 5.10 live cd but I have not figured out how to
to find the harddrive - not sure if they are not there or I dont know
how to find them...  How do I look?  I tried some mount commands and
looked around /proc but could have done it wrong.
Would it be worth getting a newer live cd?

Fred (using a very awkward access on my son's old computer...)

Communications for Justice -- Free, superior listserv's w/o ads:
http://justcomm.org      My Link Pg: http://fholson.cohousing.org
612-588-9532 (7am-10pm CST/CDT)   Email: fholson at cohousing.org