This is more of a generic UNIX question, but I thing Linux is the same here.

We have a script that starts a C wrapper (tanuki) which starts a java command to start one of our daemons.  We've had a complaint that the ps command shows the java command options which is nothing like the original batch file parameters, confusing people who want to kill it.

The man page for ps suggests that a program can change what ps sees as it's arguments.  Anyone know how to do this?

---
Wayne Johnson,                         | There are two kinds of people: Those
3943 Penn Ave. N.          | who say to God, "Thy will be done,"
Minneapolis, MN 55412-1908 | and those to whom God says, "All right,
(612) 522-7003                         | then,  have it your way." --C.S. Lewis