I recently upgraded to Fedora 7. I was cleaning up some stale Fedora Core 7
packages. I made the mistake of removing libstdc++-4.1.2-13.fc6 because I
was planning to install libstdc++-4.1.2-12.fc7. Of course, now I can't run
yum or rpm to install the new package because both applications depend on
libstdc++.so.6, which is no longer installed.

Are there any options to correct this? I'm trying to build gcc from source
now, which I think would fix the problem. I can't reinstall Fedora 7 from
the DVD (the DVD passes the media check, but the DVD hangs at the start of
the install process). Thanks for any suggestions.