On 10/30/07, Chris Frederick <cdf123 at cdf123.net> wrote:
> I've noticed this at a few other sites that have less restrictive
> firewalls as well.  Since these are off site, I don't have control of
> the firewall.  I can request them to make a change to their
> configuration, but I need to know what change to make first.

What type of network connection do these sites have?

At a past job, I had several offsite servers that had problems like
this and would even experience problems with shell connections. In
almost all cases, it was a problem with a DSL provider that had some
problem on their end. It was always a painful situation to have
resolved.

I found that sites in the southern part of the US had the most problems.