On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 03:52:50PM -0700, Anna Edwards wrote:
> hi. i have an old compaq presario-4400us computer that isn't booting at grub error 22.  i also plan on using this computer as a storage server using ubuntu  7.10  server.  can anyone help me with either of these?

What did you do before this error started to appear?

Do you care what is on the computer at all?  If not, just install the
Ubuntu server edition and the installed should fix the grub.  If it
is an old machine, you might want to let the installer run a disk
surface check.

Cheers,
florin

--
Bruce Schneier expects the Spanish Inquisition.
      http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/163