Ok, so I upgraded to opensuse 10.3 and I noticed that my menus in
openoffice are really slow.  I did some digging with strace and it seems
that it's reading the environment variable SESSION_MANGER to get some
information.  Turns out this environment variable is supposed to point
to the PID of gnome-session (with some other stuff).  If I unset it,
then openoffice is nice an fast again.

With some more debugging it seems that if I start up gnome-terminal with
Alt-F2, SESSION_MANAGER is set correctly.  However if I start it up from
the menu, it's set wrong, in fact it always points to the same pid, that
nothing is running as.

Anyone know what's up here?

--
Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
If you see an attachment named signature.asc, this is my digital