No problem; these concepts aren't specific to Linux but instead general
networking.

In Windows (I'm assuming you're using XP), click on Start, Run and in the
run window type "cmd.exe" without the quotes.  This will bring you to a
command prompt.  at the command prompt, type "ipconfig" (again without
quote).  You will see something like this:

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

        Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : techoutfit.local

What we're interested in here is the IP Address and Default Gateway lines.
Write those down and then boot back into Fedora.

Once in Fedora, open up Terminal (might be labeled Gnome Terminal) from the
applications menu.  At the terminal, type "/sbin/ifconfig" and see if the IP
Address that shows up that matches what you saw in Windows.  If it does, try
typing "ping 10.0.0.1" but replace the 10.0.0.1 with Gateway address you
wrote down earlier.  You'll either see numerous requests with response times
coming back or you will see "timed out" if it cannot reach the gateway.

At this point, we're checking to see that your network card is receiving a
proper IP address and that it can communicate with your router/firewall.
Let us know what happens!