On Sun, 21 Oct 2007, Josh Paetzel wrote:

> Justin Kremer wrote:
>> On 10/21/07, Brian Wall <kc0iog at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I have played with FreeNAS a bit, and it appears to be a robust
>>> solution.
>>
>> Just FYI, FreeNAS is based on FreeBSD and the m0n0wall project, not
>> linux.  Both are excellent products, IMO.  They work great, are rock
>> solid, and are relatively simple to set up and maintain.  But if you
>> want to be technical, FreeNAS is not a "Linux-based NAS solution."
>> - Justin
>>

> Don't pop their "The whole world is a linux distro" bubble please, the
> implosion could be painful.

Well, not the whole world but at least it is the "L" in TCLUG.  I notice
that your email address is at TCBUG - no "L"!

I like all unixy things but am working toward doing all my work on Linux
(still use Solaris some due to force of habit) because it seems to be the
most likely to succeed for the next decade or so.  I also prefer the GPL
to the BSD license because the GPL is more self-promotional.

Mike