Right, ZENworks does it, but the only reason to go that way is because you
already rely on eDirectory and ZENworks for a ton of other stuff. If not,
don't.  ZENworks runs on Windows only too, but you do have to install NDS.
The GPO stuff in ZfD was a response to 2000/XP desktop managability.  From
ConslowOne, the interface ended up being the MS snapin, so ZENworks was just
3 layers in the way, if you're just talking about GPOs.