Danny wrote:
> Why is it so damned hard to connect to the internet using Linux? That's
> one of the biggest beefs I have about the OS. I've currently got Sabayon
> 3.3and can’t connect. I tried to burn an ISO of 3.4f with burn cdcc &
> could not do it. If anyone has the courage to call me on the phone, I
> would really appreciate it. I want to use Linux but the problem of
> Internet connection always has me saying screw it!!
>
> Please advise.
>

> Danny J.

I have been using Linux since 1998, and never once had a problem
connecting to the internet.  It is damned easy!

So, without any data to work with, I recommend that you try a live cd
like knoppix first.  If knoppix gets you connected then your hardware is
all good. Then ditch your Sabayon and try a real distro like Slackware
(flame retardant suit activated).  Or if your hell bent on using
Sabayon, then you need to give us more to work with to help you.

Good Luck!

Bob De Mars