I like the fact that I know I will have a working drive for five years.
 I put my drives in raid sets, so I really don't care if they fail, as
long as two don't at the same time, I'm totally functional.  With other
drives, 1-3 years is more the norm.  If one of those drives failed
outside of the warranty, I have to shell out more money for a
replacement drive.  After five years it is typically more economical
from a cents per GB, and performance to just purchase a better drive
anyway, with Moore's Law and all.

I don't have enough data to say I think Seagate drives are "better" then
Hitachi, Western Digital or Maxtor (now owned by Seagate), but I just
like the fact that I know I can use the drive for 5 years without having
to spend any more money.  I also don't have any problems with a
refurbished drive, as long as it is still under warranty.

Just my 2 cents.