> I thought Unison wasn't being maintained any longer.

I believe it is maintained by the authors, but it is no longer a formal
research project.

"Unison is no longer under active development as a research project. (Our
research efforts in this area are now focused on a follow-on project called
Harmony—more details are available on the Harmony home page.) At this point,
there is no one whose job it is to maintain Unison, fix bugs, or answer
questions.

However, the original developers are all still using Unison daily. It will
continue to be maintained and supported for the foreseeable future, and we
will occasionally release new versions with bug fixes, small improvements,
and contributed patches."

http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/status.html