On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 08:11:42PM -0500, Nate Carlson wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Oct 2007, Florin Iucha wrote:
>> Nobody reads my whole message.  I want a real router, but not a REAL
>> R*O*U*T*E*R.  I just want the smallest physical and power-wise box that
>> will do wifi/lan/dmz/wan firewall separations.
>
> Get something that you can run dd-wrt on?

Yes I do.  However, with stock firmware, when I connected one of the
lan ports to the gigabit switch, it appeared to slowdown the traffic
on the switch.  Yes it does not make sense, unless there is some silly
broadcast going on.  I'm not sure if that was due to the firmware I
used at the time or it was a hardware thingie.  I'll probably pick
up a Buffalo WHR-G125 since Circuit City has it for $25 after rebates
and try it first.

florin

--
Bruce Schneier expects the Spanish Inquisition.
      http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/163