Hello,

I'm looking for a "one size fits all" router for my home network.  I
need something that can firewall between the four zones: WAN, DMZ,
local and Wi-Fi.  I heard that WRT54g* can do it, but I had problems
when plugging it into my gigabit switch - it seemed to increase the
latency of pings and data transfers.

Anyway, I see that Linksys has something that might fit the bill:
WRVS4400N [1].  Has anybody played with it?  Pros?  Cons?  Any
similar devices out there?

Yes, I know that I can build my firewall from a 486 and four NICs, but
I'd rather not have the big box and the extra power consumption.  I
know about soekris but the motherboard alone is more expensive than
the Linksys.  The routerboard guys might have a more affordable combo
(RB/153 + 18POW + CA/153 + R52 + AC/SWI= 119 + 9 + 19 + 49 + 15 = $211)
but that still means that I need a separate gigabit switch.

Thanks,
florin

[1] http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&cid=1154659754557

--
Bruce Schneier expects the Spanish Inquisition.
      http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/163