Scott Raun wrote:
> I'm going to give that a try first - depending on exactly how they're
> handling SSL through the firewall, I'm told it might work.  The more I
> consider it, the more dubious I get - SSL goes through a proxy that
> has its own certificates and does man-in-the-middle stuff.

I've been accessing my home using putty to a free shell account. Then forwarding a second putty through the first ssh to my home. The first putty goes through a proxy that limits
the ports I can connect to. So the free shell account is one that has a port 443 ssh server. I then tunnel ssh thru the free shell account to my home. I can then uses tunnels on
the second ssh session to connect to services and machines in my home network.

Joseph