I am looking for an easy, open source, streaming solution that is cross
platform, supports time markers for start and stop times, and is made for
on demand, or live video. Presently, we use WMS for our church services. I
am able to create a single .wmv file and create several asx links for
different start points and durations. I am looking for something that
supports an embedded player, so users do not have to choose a player to
view our stream. I want to include links within, or next to the embedded
player for different segments of the video file. I also want to stick with
using a single video file, rather than dicing it up for every start and
stop point. I have spent a good amount of time looking at vlc, but it does
not seem to meet the need.

Anyone know of a solution with good documentation for this?