On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Florin Iucha wrote:

>> http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/tribe1
>
> Why not get the 7.10 release?  http://ubuntu-releases.cs.umn.edu/7.10/
>
>> Looks like it's 2.6.22-6.13 (2.6.22-rc3-based), so I guess I'd be OK
>> running that on any of the hardware you've tried?
>
> Ubuntu 7.10 kernel is based on 2.6.22.

I'm not sure I understand your point.  The web page I sent the URL for was
saying what the kernel would be in 7.10, right?  It was about an alpha
release of 7.10.  The web page you sent doesn't say anything about the
kernel version.  I was assuming that the kernel in the final release was
at least as advanced as the one in the alpha release.

Mike