Become competent with the various servers and system administration then
look for a customer support job with some server hosting company as a
resume builder. There are plenty of start ups looking for employees and
most prefer Americans or Canadians.
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33 is a good place to
start looking.