Greetings.

I am an old computer geek (48 years old) who has been Linuxing for many =
years. I also use a more widely-used Windowing Operating system, and =
used to run internet servers in a public domain (mail server, name =
servers, apache, etc) for my own company.

I am living on disability now because my health took a turn and I can't =
work a lot.=20

So I am financially strapped, but, forever a computer nerd, I take old =
hardware (or even the newer stuff) and make it go. The equipment I use =
sometimes requires fixing up a bit and always requires ingenuity to put =
the pieces together into a working system.

I am wondering if anyone out there has any old hardware of just about =
any sort that they no longer use because it is now old-fashioned =
technology.=20

My latest creation involved upgrading a computer made in the year 2000, =
upgraded the memory and disk, put in a CD and DVD, video card, and now =
is it a dual boot Linux/W*ndows system that is my primary workstation.

I don't have a working printer, but I have a fair amount of networking =
equipment including hubs, switches, miles of Ethernet cable and a =
considerable knowledge of networking in a hybrid environment.

So if anyone has any such hardware....could be anything from an antique =
laptop to a somewhat questionable DVD drive, or even any old hardware, I =
am willing to pay a small amount, although it wouldn't be much.

It might be better in terms of karma to have it be used than just gather =
dust in your attic.

This might sound eccentric, but I do this stuff for both a hobby and =
occasional jobs. Old hardware, modern operating systems (Fedora 8 and =
XP), programming, networking, tweaking, configuring workstations and =
servers, data communications strategies.

If you have anything you would like to donate or just talk about, feel =
free to contact me via this list, or personally (see below).

Thanks.

Bryan A Zimmer
"BazTheLinuxGuy"

bryzimmer at gmail dot com
zimmer dot bryan at gmail dot com

(651) 492-9388 (use judiciously, it is a cell phone)

Thanks,

Baz