On Nov 8, 2007 6:08 PM, Chuck Cole <cncole at earthlink.net> wrote:

> [...]

If we're not a registered student group with a faculty advisor,
scheduling meeting space is very difficult. This could be made easier
if the group had a connection in the CS office and support from
someone in the CS department. IIRC, we didn't have much trouble
scheduling two years ago, we had meetings every Sat AM with
regularity. I planned two or three speakers at that time and never had
issues that I'm aware of. If we're currently having difficulty, that's
a different story, of course.

> Otherwise, it's a very congested area with limited and expensive parking.  I
> can't get in there for meetings at rush hour.  Not anxious to have accidents
> on the way either.

The U on a Saturday morning makes more sense to me than a Wednesday
evening at the same time as all the night class start times. Parking
is easy enough in that area, you just might have a five block walk,
which is no big deal for most people. City dwellers will have no
problem with this. Suburbanites, I'll hold my tongue... :) But TIES on
Wednesday nights seems like a good setup with easy parking for all,
and not as crowded as campus on a school night.

--
John T. Hoffoss [+] Information Security Professional [+]
http://john.hoffoss.com